Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Vatican






What can I say about The Vatican and St Peters that hasn't been said before. More than once I was reminded of the granduer of the Pharaohs. Ramasis the 3rd built the magnificent Abu Simbal as a statement to the world (and his enemnys) "I am here. This is what I can do" http://www.world-mysteries.com/apeldoorn/Abu_Simbel1_gdj.jpg

Vatican City and St Peters are magnificent, and grand. This is the Catholic church saying "We are here. This is what we can do for our God"). I think I just missed His Holiness as you can see by the pictures. Dont know what I would have done if I had met him {insert joke about kissing Papal ring}

One thing I did learn on my trip there, is that Latin is the official language of Vatican City and the ATM machines are therefore, in Latin!

No comments: